The Ozark Arts Council is a cultural treasure created with money, labor, materials, and support from the entire community. The OAC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with the mission to enrich lives by promoting the arts. The OAC, established in 1996, provides administrative, organizational, and financial support to several smaller cultural organizations (see Member Organizations) and operates and manages the historic Lyric Theater. Read the OAC's Bylaws.
Contact Us || Mission | Vision | Values | Goals || Board of Directors | Staff || Tax Return
Contact the OAC
Physical Addresses: 113 W. Rush (Lyric Theater); 115 W. Rush (GiftShop/Office), Harrison, AR 72601
We are conveniently located on the Historic Harrison Square next to the Harrison Daily
Mailing Address: 115 West Rush, Harrison, AR 72601
Office Hours: 10Đ12 weekdays; box office is open 1 hour prior to performances
The Ozark Arts Council Mission
To enrich lives by promoting the arts in Harrison and North Arkansas through exhibitions, performances, and education.
Equal access to the arts builds a vibrant, healthy community.
- Foster Creativity
- Encourage Awareness
- Respect Differences
- Build Collaborations
- Challenge Perceptions
- Exemplify Excellence and Integrity
- To provide the community with up-to-date access to local arts information and the ability to participate fully in diverse arts experiences.
- To maximize community resources flowing through the OACâ€”including money, volunteers and staff.
- To support regional arts organizations and artists with resources to enhance and develop their mission and craft.
- To provide knowledge about the economic and social impact of the arts and motivate policymakers, businesses and potential funders to become advocates and investors in the arts.
- To provide schools, community centers, arts organizations and individuals with access to educational materials about the arts.
- To incorporate the arts as an important consideration in the planning and development of every major project undertaken in the community.
- To restore and preserve the historic Lyric theater and promote other components of Arkansasâ€™s cultural heritage in North Arkansas.
Board of Directors | Board Portal
The foundation of a healthy nonprofit organization is an informed, active, enthusiastic and effective Board. All members of the OAC Board of Directors have agreed to meet certain standards of conduct and fulfill his or her responsibilities to the organization for effective and ethical decision-making and governance. Board members agree to the Board Expectations document and the Board Policies document and serve three-year terms.
President â€“ Clark Middleton
Vice President â€“ Dan Reynolds
Treasurer â€“ Jim Johnson
Secretary â€“ Mary Bishop
The Theatre Company - Clark Middleton
Harrison Art League - Margie Stephen
Northark Drama - Michael Mahoney & Preston Garrison
Twentieth Century Club - Robbie Cotton, Mary Speice, Pat Kennedy
Woman's Book Club - Sally Jo Gibson
Eric J. Stefanski
Non-Board Committee Members
Fundraising Committee -
Renovation Committee - Jim Gresham, Tony Grimes, Pat McBride, Ann Graffy
Finance Director - Dave Fitton
Operations Manager - Vive Allen
Webmaster - Eric J. Stefanski
Tax Returns for the Ozark Arts Council are on file in the Arts Council office located at 115 W. Rush in Harrison, Arkansas and are available for review by the public.